Location: Los Angeles (HQ in Downtown LA)
About Larta Institute
Larta Institute is a non-profit organization accelerating innovation & entrepreneurship. Our mission is to foster science & technology innovation for a sustainable planet. Our planet is experiencing significant global problems created by human behavior and policies affecting the environment, food, education, energy & healthcare systems. New science & technology plays a critical role in transforming how we sustainably feed, fuel, and heal the world. Larta was founded in 1993, in Los Angeles, as California’s regional technology alliance to stimulate the economic development of technology-based enterprises. Larta quickly became the national partner for numerous federal government agencies to commercialize novel research & innovation – including DARPA, NIH, DOE, NSF, NIST, NOAA, and USDA. Today, our innovation platform & ecosystem accelerates new science & technology from idea to sustainable enterprise – by providing a unique combination of connections, resources, and funding. We have helped over 6,000 startups, and our alumni have raised over $5BN in funds.
Together, let’s feed, fuel, and heal the world.
We are seeking a highly-motivated self-starter with exceptional multi-tasking and writing skills and passion for technology-driven innovation to join the Larta team. This internship is a great opportunity to get your feet wet in the intersection of technology and entrepreneurship. Candidates’ majors and interests should align with our organizational mission and culture to ensure a good fit for the internship.
As Project Management Intern, you must possess the ability to efficiently manage your time and be extremely detail-oriented. Excellent analytical, verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to be successful at this position. The intern will support Larta’s programs teams in the following ways:
- Program execution for the Life Sciences, Sustainability and Energy teams
- Administrative activities and assistance with monthly reports to client
- Tracking of company deliverables through Excel and communicating progress with supervisors.
- Support in creation of PowerPoint presentations and marketing materials
- Collection and consolidation of survey results and program metrics
- Communication with high-level members within Larta’s networks (e.g. mentors, grantees, clients, industry) as well as the Larta Executive Management team
- Assistance with logistics for external conferences/events
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate degree program (preferably in a science, economics or a business-related field).
- Familiarity with vocabulary, concepts and theories of innovation, entrepreneurship and international development preferred.
- Commitment to internship for at least 4-6 months; longer commitments preferred
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Proficient in Office 365, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data analysis tools is a plus
- Strong presentation skills and professional presence
Diversity Equity, and Inclusion
Larta Institute is committed to providing an accessible, safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for all. Our Anti-Discrimination Policy aims to ensure that all members of the Larta Institute community – including our staff, startup founders, mentors, government officials, industry executives, investors, speakers, sponsors, donors, advisory board members, and other community members – are treated with dignity and respect in an open culture that is free from harassment, discrimination, violence, and other inappropriate conduct.
Larta Institute is committed to diversity, equitable access, and inclusion.
Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00
Openings: Ongoing Opportunities
Employment Status: Internship
How to Apply
Please send a customized cover letter outlining your background and suitability for this position with Larta Institute and a resume highlighting your relevant experience to email@example.com. Please submit with the following subject line: Project Management Internship.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Larta Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of Larta’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Larta Institute is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination as defined by both California and federal laws.